|8F., No.2, Alley 6, Lane 235, Baoqiao Rd.,
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231,
Attn: Customer Service Manager
Voice: (+886) 2-6629-8986
EtherWAN Limited Warranty Policy
(Worldwide excluding Americas)
EtherWAN Systems Co., Ltd. (hereafter refers to as EtherWAN) provides customers with free service within a warranty period after the delivery date. Please refer to the following details about warranty service clauses and related regulations to assure you our best guarantee and service.
Standard Warranty: EtherWAN has been in pursuit of perfection that always produces excellent merchandise with outstanding designing, great materials and crafted manufacturing. We respectively grant a limited period of free service since the date of delivery, based on product categories:
|Industrial & Hardened Ethernet Switches||60 months|
|Non-hardened Ethernet Switches||12 months|
|Media Converters (*)||60 months|
|Ethernet Extenders (*)||60 months|
|Serial Device Servers||60 months|
|Network Interface Cards||36 months|
|SFP modules||12 months|
|DIN-rail power supplies||36 months|
|Power adaptors||12 months|
(*) power adaptors included in the standard package is with a 12-month warranty.
Other products not manufactured by EtherWAN are limited to the warranty and repair service provided by the original manufacturers; if no specific regulations, the warranty period will be one year (included).
2. Warranty Service:
2.1 If customers discover DOA (Defect-on-Arrival) when unpacking an EtherWAN shipment, the returned goods should be sent to FAE department of EtherWAN Taipei Office not less than 60 days after the bar-coded shipping date. It is at the discretion of EtherWAN FAE to confirm if the problems resulted actually from product itself; afterward, the replacement will be made as soon as possible.
2.2 If BTOS (Build-To-Order Service), customization or replacement is out of inventory, EtherWAN needs to follow up the rapid procedure of repair to handle returned goods.
2.3 Returned DOA items must be impeccable by appearance, without alteration, scratches and damaged marks. DOA won't be accepted in case of customer's improper configuration or misusage, and provided that the hardware certainly has no problem in quality. Thus, customers will be asked for part of handling charges if it proves not to be the hardware problem.
2.4 Please send DOA (Defect-on-Arrival) to RMA Center, EtherWAN Taipei Headquarters.
Appropriate solutions will be rapidly reached and returned to customers.
2.5 For the items not in conformity with replacement regulations, please follow up regular repair procedure.
2.6 EtherWAN reserves the right to repair or replace defective goods.
3.1 EtherWAN will be exempted from the liability for the product warranty under the following conditions:
♦ The expired warranty
♦ Any decomposition, removed, or impaired serial number label.
♦ Damage caused by accidents, misuse from any reasons, improper installation or unauthorized repair
♦ Damage caused by natural disaster, such as lightning strike, flood and earthquake
♦ Additional updating, reworking or testing requested by customers
♦ Any upgrading or testing requested by customers after the warrant period
3.2 EtherWAN doesn't guarantee all product combinations can be operated with customers' own selection and configuration. If any application or any related problems occur, please contact EtherWAN Technical Support department for assistance through E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
EtherWAN RMA Standard Procedures:
1. RMA Number Application: Customer must contact sales person for RMA registration number.
2. The applicant needs to give a full of description about defects as much as possible, and avoid ambiguous or inappropriate phrases, such as "DEAD", "Don't work". Specific description will be helpful to reduce the possibility of repair delay, and decrease customers' loss. Furthermore, ambiguous description is likely to have a higher risk for second repair.
3. When returning defective goods, original packing is needed.
4. Warning: Please carefully handle the packing of returned goods, since EtherWAN does not bear the liability for the shipment.
5. For the defective goods caused by misusage, EtherWAN RMA department will issue an official tariff of repair after checking returned goods. RMA department will not proceed any repairing until customer confirmation received. An invoice will be issued for customer's signing back and payment. The payment must be cleared before the return shipment to customer.
6. Over warranty Repair Charges:
EtherWAN will offer a quotation in advance for repair; nevertheless, it does not assure you the repair must be done. EtherWAN will issue a separate quotation based on actual damage after examining defective goods.
7. TAT (Turn-Around-Time)
EtherWAN manufactures deadline for repair is 14 working days excluding the delivery time. Non-EtherWAN manufactures, purchased from outsourcing suppliers (not developed by EtherWAN), must abide by the warranty of outsourcing on back-to-back terms with original suppliers. It is necessary to discuss respective delivery schedules with OEM customers, branch/affiliated offices or overseas agents.
8. Every return shipment will be enclosed with a Repair Record issued by EtherWAN.
9. Returned Goods for Repair after the Warranty Period:
♦ For defective goods after the warranty period, EtherWAN provides replacement or repaired spare parts with a three-month limited warranty service.
♦ Alternative warranty periods from contracted vendors and affiliated offices will be offered.
♦ If same problems still occur to the repaired goods, customers will not be charged again for the same problems; otherwise, customers will be charged based on actual damage after examining defective goods.
10. Shipping Charges:
♦ EtherWAN needs to pay the turn-around shipping charges for DOA or returned goods.
♦ If defective goods are caused by a discrepancy in specification while ordering, the return freight will be covered by customers, and EtherWAN will accordingly charge the reworking.
♦ The inbound freight of general defective goods for repair will be covered by customers. All charges for custom clearance will be paid in full by customers if the shipment is effected by air cargo, door-to-door express courier service.
EtherWAN is responsible for the outbound freight fee. For small quantity of RMA, EtherWAN makes the shipment of repaired goods to customers by DHL express courier. However, EtherWAN can follow up customers' special instructions to other express courier, such as UPS, FEDEX, but the charge will be under customer’s account.
11. Payment for Repair:
Customers need to wire the repairing fee to EtherWAN's bank account.
12. EtherWAN will return repaired goods by regular air parcel to customers.
The RMA center will confirm the shipping date and notify the corresponding sales account before the shipment. If the customer didn't receive the parcel two weeks after the notification, please directly contact EtherWAN sales account.
1. THE PRODUCTS WHICH ARE NOT ORIGINALLY MANUFACTURED BY ETHERWAN ARE NEITHER REFUNDABLE NOR RETURNED FOR A REPLACEMENT, EXCEPT THE DEFECTS IN QUALITY.
2. SPARE PARTS, ACCESSORIES AND PERIPHERALS ARE NOT COVERED IN THE WARRANTY. PLEASE CONTACT LOCAL SALES REPRESENTATIVES FOR MORE DETAILS.
3. THIS DOCUMENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGES WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.